I just love how cool oyster mushrooms look:
Here’s 10 Ideas for Cooking Oyster Mushrooms:
- Marinate just enough olive oil to cover them. Add garlic, chives, salt and pepper. Grill on high heat and serve hot or cold.
- Poach them in butter (like this).
- Dehydrate and make mushroom powder. What they lose in looks they will gain in flavor.
- Slow cook them with lots of butter.
- Pickle them!
- Fry them until they’re crispy in clarified butter.
- Add them to an omelet.
- Toss in olive oil and grill on high heat until charred (bonus points for using charcoals)
- Chop them and add them to roasting potatoes in the final stages of their cooking (click for tricks on making the best roast potatoes).
- They freeze well – especially if slightly cooked first (steaming them will extend the shelf life compared to cooking themin fat).
What do you do with oyster mushrooms?