Looking for ideas on using jam for things other than toast? Here’s a few ways we do just that:
- Sweet jams are great with savory items (especially cheese).
- Jam is a great winter addition to salad dressing. Mix oil, vinegar and jam to your liking (add mustard if you want an ‘incorporated’ sauce).
- Mix it with chocolate and reduce. Serve with red meat (this is often done with red fruit such as raspberries and paired with game).
- Warm a small pot of maple syrup and add jam to it to serve on pancakes.
- Add a few spoonfuls to a small jar, cover in booze and let it infuse for a few days.
- Add to smoothies.
- Mix with balsamic and glaze roasted veggies or meat with it.
- Add a bit to a seasonal pie (i.e. an apple pie).
- Top cheesecake with it.
- Add jelly to hot tea to sweeten.
What else do you use jam for?
The on-demand series of articles came from topics that users have suggested. We love your questions/ ideas/ requests and will do our best to answer them in this series of posts – feel free to add your ideas in the comments below!