Today is National Can-It-Forward Day in the US. I`m inviting the rest of the world (and of course our friends South of the border) to crash the party and make this thing International. I`m declaring it Canapalooza – it`s a party within a party and there`s many ways for you to get involved; including at actual Can-It-Forward Day events that our buddy Sean has linked to above.
But I`d love it if you came to our party. And you don`t have to get out of your chair to do it.
We`re doing a mega-batch day of preserving today. There will be 10-15 different types of preserving going on in our kitchen (some of them small, some of them large). We`ll share photos live through the day in our Facebook group and we`d love you to interact in the following ways (and add your own):
- Post your photos or updates on what you`re preserving on our wall. Share ideas with others and ask questions or give them love for their posts.
- As we post our photos, ask questions, share what you do that`s similar or different and communicate with each other and us.
- If you`re a blogger, add links to recipes that you have that are similar to what we`re making – i.e. when we make pickles, add your links to your pickle posts.
- Share the photos and ideas with your friends and preserving family on Facebook or on twitter.
- Tweet links with the hashtag #Canapalooza
- If you have a Facebook page and are sharing links, encourage others to come to the party and join along!
Now, to be clear, I`m having fun with the `National`vs `International` thing – I think it`s amazing what this movement is doing and adore it! But I`m also serious about having some fun within that party and invite you to join more than 1,500 similar people who are passionate about canning regardless of their experience (you can view the group without joining). It`s almost 3AM as I write this (my alarm is set for 5 to hit the market) and we`ve just finished a very exciting night of preserving and a whole lot of interaction with the WellPreserved Community on the Facebook site that I think will get even crazier tomorrow!
Hope to see you here!