Were you a little extra ambitious when you made jam this summer? Looking for something to do with it? Here’s a quick list of ideas that will get you out of a toast-rut!
- Add a spoonful to hot tea to sweeten it.
- Mix one tablespoon to jam to one tablespoon vinegar and 3 tablespoons oil to make a salad dressing.
- If your jam is made of berries, stir it into the jus from a roast to make a quick table-side sauce for dinner.
- Mix one part jam with 2 parts maple syrup for a great pancake topping.
- Place a tablespoon of jam in a 1.5 ounce shot glass. Cover with vodka, bourbon or rum. Drink!
- If you have extra pizza dough, use jam to make no-work turnovers.
- Mix jam with goat cheese and spinach to stuff a pork tenderloin.
- Mix jam into any smoothie.
- Mix jam and water to make freezies (or a simple syrup for cocktails)
- Toss it with apples and pears and top it with this magical topping for an awesome crumble.
What do you use jam for?